Coverage Limits of NCUSIF:
1. Coverage Limit: NCUSIF provides coverage for up to $250,000 per depositor, per insured credit union. This means that if you have accounts at multiple credit unions, each credit union's accounts will be insured separately up to $250,000 per account holder.
2. Accounts Covered: The NCUSIF provides coverage for a wide range of accounts, including savings accounts, checking accounts, share certificates, and money market accounts.
3. Joint Accounts: Joint accounts are insured separately for up to $250,000 per account holder. This means that if two people share an account, they can each be insured for up to $250,000, giving them a total of $500,000 in coverage.
4. Non-Interest-Bearing Accounts: Certain non-interest-bearing transaction accounts, such as checking accounts, are insured up to $250,000 per account holder.
5. Insurance Protection: The NCUSIF is backed by the full faith and credit of the United States government, which means that deposits held at insured credit unions are backed by the government's ability to repay the insured amount
In summary, the NCUSIF provides insurance protection to depositors at credit unions in the United States, up to a maximum of $250,000 per depositor, per insured credit union. The program covers a wide range of accounts and is backed by the full faith and credit of the United States government.
Share Insurance fund video.
Share Insurance Estimator video.